Are you Taking Action on Your Blog? In Your Business? Not just Action…but Consistent Action? If not, then listen up. In “The Social Quote” this week, we feature Darren Rowse, Founder of Digital Photography School and the world-leading site about blogging, Problogger. Don't miss this one. This is advice you will WANT to take action on!
“What action will I take today that will grow my blog? Ask yourself this daily. Consistent small actions have a massive impact. Build a workflow around important small tasks – make them habit”. Darren Rowse
The above “quote” is a merge of two quotes from Darren Rowse's Keynote at Problogger Training Event recently held in Melbourne, Australia. Darren started his event off with a bang, as he implored 300 bloggers to start taking consistent action each day. 15 minutes, Darren said, was all we needed. 15 minutes a day, to build a better blog, make a sellable, downloadable product, or write that book that was within all of us. And it set the scene for the entire weekend. 15 minutes.
It's simple really. Set aside 15 minutes per day to take consistent, focused action. Darren asked us straight up: “Do you actually take daily action to monetize your blog?”.
“If you want your blog to BE a business, treat it like a business”.
How do we do this? Spend 15 minutes a day on an activity that will help you to monetize your blog. For example:
- Spend 15 minutes a day writing your new eBook to sell on your website
- Spend 15 minutes a day working on your autoresponder email series for a product
- Spend 15 minutes a day working on videos for your training program
- Spend 15 minutes a day talking to advertisers or brands
What if you don't have an online product in mind? Never mind. Just spend 15 minutes a day developing a coaching course or something you can sell in your offline business. Whatever it is that will bring more income into your business, spend 15 minutes per day doing it.
Why 15 minutes a day?
- Because 15 minutes a day is 1 hour and 45 minutes per week
- Because 15 minutes a day is 7 hours per month
- Because the Average Australians spend 2 hours a day watching television. If you Trim just 15 minutes a day from your schedule you will have 24 days to work on this per year. The equivalent of 24 days working on a project. Now that, in my book, is worth 15 minutes.
Find out more about Darren Rowse at his site www.problogger.net and check out his best-selling to build a better blog in 31 days here. Darren can also be found on Twitter so be sure to follow him, and yes, he will talk to you! You can also follow the awesome advice by Darren and his team at Problogger on Google Reader by adding this RSS feed. Grab your own virtual pass to the entire Problogger Training Event 2o12 here (yes, this is an affiliate link).
So, I am signing off to do my 15 minutes a day. I am writing two e-Books at the moment. What about you? Where can your blog go in just 15 minutes per day? What will you work on? Let me know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Donna Moritz (see all)
- 60+ November Social Media Ideas – Videos, GIFs and More - October 26, 2019
- 5 Cool Video Effects to Create Engaging Video - October 12, 2019
- 60+ October Social Media Ideas – Videos, GIFs and More - September 13, 2019