Are you looking for awesome social video tools to help you create engaging, share-worthy videos? If you're just not sure where to start,then listen up! In this post I share 3 tools I love for creating social video – easily and quickly – that your audience will love.
BY DONNA MORITZ | 21 SEPTEMBER, 2017 | CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
It's becoming more and more important that businesses learn how to create social video quickly and easily. The good news is that it's never been easier to do so with the tools available.
I am using a number of tools right now (that I love) and want to share them with you. Ready? Let's jump in!
3 Social Video Tools to Make Short Video So Good They'll Think You're a Pro
1 Animatron Wave
Animatron Wave is another great online video builder – with the added benefit of being able to choose from a huge library of video stock footage. Here's a quick overview of Wave:
And here's a full review (showing you step-by-step how to create a video in Wave) that I did recently:
Animatron Wave has a number of features that make it worthy of adding to your social video tools:
- choose from over 200 million stock video clips and images
- ability to upload your own media including photos, videos and audio.
- access over 100,000 commercially licenced music clips
- instantly preview the effects you add including filters and transitions on your videos.
- a library of templates to choose from to help you create your designs
- add stickers to video (this is a very cool feature that I am loving!)
- moveable text – something that is not possible on a lot of other video tools, where text is fixed.
- easily switch between landscape, vertical video and square video. This is one of the only tools I know that offers vertical video format as well as square video:
As well as landscape video you can create square video, mobile/vertical video, Instagram stories, and Facebook Cover Videos.
Animoto is one of my go-to social video tools, and they keep getting better – adding features all the time. Here's an overview of how to get started with the Animoto Marketing Video Tool:
What I love about Animoto is that it's very drag-and-drop. All you have to do is add your videos and images, change text, colours, music …. and you have an awesome social video. You can:
- Choose from a number of different template styles and sizes including square templates.
- easily change headings and subheadings, add or delete video or image segments
- Change your video style with a click of a button – for a different look and feel.
- Add a filter across your entire video (to give a seamless look and feel, even if the video was sourced from different footage).
- Add music from a huge library of commercially licensed tracks (over 1000 tracks)
- Add a voice-over to your video if you choose
- easily download and share to social channels as a landscape or square video.
Here's how to switch out the style of your video on Animoto:
I have played with a lot of social video tools over the years and I can safely say that Animoto is one of the easiest to learn how to use.
Ready to try Animoto? Grab a free trial here!
This last social video tool is one that I discovered recently when speaking at a couple of events in India. One of my colleagues created some awesome videos in minutes and we were all keen to find out how!
It turns out he had used a cool little app called Quik – available on iOS and Android.
And guess who makes Quik? Go Pro! … only you don't need a Go Pro to use it:
The beauty of Quik is that it enables you to create video FAST …and it's fun to use. Here's what I love about Quik:
- You can select multiple videos on your phone and Quik will automatically edit the videos. It also intuitively makes great transitions and highlights the best moments in videos, and adds effects and filters.
- You can easily post to social media or save to your camera roll.
- if that's not “quick” enough for you, you can also allow Quik to scan your phone's videos and choose a selection to automatically edit into a finished video (just like my friend did in India!
- Quik allows you to add music from their library or you can add your own music… and it syncs the emotion of the video to the emotion of the music! Note: the music in the Quik Library may not be licensed for commercial use so I would highly recommend that you use your own stock music clips (that you have the rights to use) instead.
Oh, and once a week Quik takes your latest videos and combines them into something cool! From a family/friends/fun perspective, that's a really fun feature, even if you don't use it for business purposes. I've been amazed at some of the video compilations it pulls together. It's a great reminder to slow down and enjoy life's moments (or re-live them with Quik).
A couple of bonus tools:
I wanted to keep this post short and sweet but I have a couple of bonus tools to share with you in case you want to dive deeper:
- Facebook Slideshow Tool – This is a super easy tool to use for creating short video for posting to Facebook. I wrote about it here.
- Adobe Spark Video – Adobe Spark Video is a great tool for creating explainer videos and short video for social media (on desktop or iOS). You can also create short animations using their mobile app, Adobe Spark Post.
Over to You
Are you avoiding creating social video because it's too hard? Try these tools and tell me what you think.
* This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to upgrade to a paid account using my link, I will receive a commission. Please know that I only recommend tools that I use and love as I want you to be in good hands!
Latest posts by Donna Moritz (see all)
- 60+ February Social Media Ideas – Video Ideas, GIFs and more! - January 22, 2020
- 5 Fun Short Video Tools to Help You Dive into Video - January 15, 2020
- Remove Background Images – 3 Tools to Nail It (One Click!) - January 8, 2020