Looking for easy, engaging November social media ideas? This article is filled with Social Media Holidays for the entire month of November. Get your content prepped to go with social media video ideas, GIFs, images and more!
BY DONNA MORITZ | UPDATED SEPTEMBER 15, 2020
Posts on this blog may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you, if you purchase through a link.
This post is jam-packed with national and international holidays for all 30 days of November. And to add some fun to it, we've included some weird and wacky (plus unusual) days of celebration for November as well. You'll never be stuck for ideas.
And if you're looking for weekly and monthly November social media ideas, we've got you covered too. There are also some tools and ideas at the end of this post to turn the ideas into visual content. Come back to check on this post any time for ideas.
What's Included with Your November Social Media Ideas
What to expect in this post packed with November Social Media Ideas:
- a snapshot reference guide (plus handy infographic) to help you easily find social media ideas (and holidays for the entire month of November).
- an overview of the November social media ideas. This includes what you can create and how to share that content. Please note that these posts focus primarily on social video and GIFs. But of course, you can use the ideas for image posts too!
- Bonus visual tools as well as resources to help you create visual content for dozens of Social Media Holidays. Yep, you get ideas for #AllTheHolidays! We've got your back with this Social Media Holiday Content Calendar.
Check the other monthly social media ideas posts in this series:
- 60+ January Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ February Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ March Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ April Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ May Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ June Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ July Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ August Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ September Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
- 60+ October Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More.
- 60+ December Social Media Holidays – Videos, GIFs and More
Tips for Creating November Content Quickly
Creating your November content can take a lot of time. Scheduling content ahead can really streamline the process. Try doing a few of the following suggestions and you'll find it soooo much easier when you know your content strategy is scheduled ahead.
Think in terms of getting a whole month's worth of content ready – all your November social media ideas are scheduled, prepped, and ready to post. Try these tips for your video confent:
- Use the templates: Many visual content tools use templates to help you create. Use them! Yes, you CAN design content from scratch yourself, even if you're a non-designer! Don't waste hours designing from scratch. Instead, use a design template (created by a designer) and save yourself some time. Simply edit and customize the design. Keep it simple and choose only 1 or 2 things to edit. This could be the text, imagery/photo/background video, fonts or colors.) Be careful changing too many elements, you can easily ruin the design.
- Batch your visuals! If you're going to create one video or image or GIF… do more than one at once. Creating your content in batches is so much efficient vs doing it one-by-one. And once you open up a design tool you may as well use it well, right?
- Create social videos that are ready to post – Start with short, social videos of just 15-30 seconds in length. This is a good length to catch our attention. Once you feel confident, you can switch up to longer videos or YouTube length long-format video.
- Know the content your audience loves to watch. What do they engage with? Is it how-to content? Handy tips? Questions? Or maybe good old fun, observational humour?
- Use GIFs for more personality – Millions of GIFs can be found in Giphy's huge online library. Or you can even create your own! GIFs add a lot of personality to social media posts, emails, blog posts or messages. If you share Giphy GIFs directly from Giphy, be sure to give credit and views to the creator.
Quick Guide Infographic to November Social Media Ideas & Holidays
Use our quick reference guide to all your November Social Media Ideas. Share it now or save to Pinterest for later reference:
Want to see our full 2019 Social Media Holiday Infographic? Click here.
How to use this post of November Social Media Ideas
- Create social videos about the holiday or date in question – Create a how-to, fact or list video, tutorial, or create quote videos. Is it National Nachos Day? Share your favourite recipe with a video. Use one of the video tools below to help you!
- Create fun GIFs based on the holiday you're posting about. Or you can share a GIF direct from the Giphy library.
- Create images around the date or holiday – memes, quote images, tips or photos that reflect the celebration day or image with a text overlay.
Note: This post contains suggestions for November social media ideas. We can't include holidays for every location so we have focused mainly on Australian and US-based holidays. Start with this guide and then use it to build out your own calendar with local events.
We've focused mainly on videos, GIFs and animated images. However, you can apply the tips in this post to regular static images too. Get creative!
Check out the tools and tips below for creating November content. Let's dive in!
November Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Days
We have included at least one “day” or holiday for every day in our November social media ideas and holidays. We've also added some hashtags, tips, tools, and resources so you can more easily create visual content for this year and every year!
1 National Author's Day – Today is the day that millions of people celebrate Author's and the books they write. Celebrate with a post about your favorite Author or book today.
2. Day of the Dead – This Mexican Festival is celebrated throughout Mexico, in particular in the southern and central regions – and by all people of Mexican heritage throughout the world. The focus is on prayer and remembrance of friends and family members who have died. Beautiful, colorful altars are made to remember the dead and there are many traditional dishes of food that are prepared as well. Find out more about this festival here.
3. World JellyFish Day – Yes, today is the day for those wobbly, yet serene creatures that float through the ocean – whether it's a post about how to avoid stings (looking at you, Australia) or a video of fun facts about Jellyfish, you can find out some fun facts here.
Maybe use a template like this one from Wave to create a fun facts video:
4. National Candy Day – Sweet! Today is a day of celebration of all things Candy and Sweets. It's also post-Halloween, so you can continue on the discussion after the sugar high. Use #CandyDay
5. Guy Fawkes Day – A popular day of celebration in the United Kingdom annually, this day is all about Bonfires at night! Guy Fawkes Day marks the anniversary of the discovery of a plot organized by Catholic conspirators to blow up the Houses of Parliament in London in 1605. It's celebrated by people lighting bonfires and setting off fireworks around the UK (and is also known as Bonfire Night). So we had to include it in our November social media ideas.
6. National Nachos Day – 6th November is National Nachos Day. As if we need a reason, but if you love Nachos, today is the day to indulge. Or post your favourite Nachos recipe! Find out more about Nachos Day here to get some ideas for social media posts including the history of Nachos!
Or check out YouTube for some fun videos. I had never heard of Trashcan Nachos but… wow:
7. National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day – because, as always, you can never have too much chocolate! Enjoy.
8. Cappuccino Day – If you love this steamy, frothy, caffiene-filled beverage, then why not post about it today. Find out some fun facts and history of Cappuccino's here.
Coffee GIFs could be the order of the day, like this one from Peter Pentilä:
It's also STEM/STEAM Day. Today is a day to celebrate Kids and learning in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths. Find out some ways to celebrate it here. Then hopefully your November Social Media ideas will be packed with STEM inspiration!
9. World Freedom Day – This day was declared by then President, George W Bush to be an annual observance. It commemorates the fall of the Berlin Wall and the end of communist rule in Eastern Europe – now celebrated annually on November 9th.
10. International Accounting Day – I know, I know, this sounds a little boring to share on social media. Well, firstly, if you are an accounting or numbers business, then it's a great day to share. Even if you aren't, then consider posting some fun fact or puzzle involving numbers!
Maybe more interesting to the public at large is the fact that today is also Sesame Street Day. Who didn't watch Sesame Street as a child, right? This day was celebrated initially in 2009, to mark the show's 40th anniversary.
11. Veterans Day (US) – this is a federal holiday in the US, observed annually on November 11. It is held to honor military veterans – dead or alive – but is largely about thanking the living veterans for their sacrifices and service. Find out more fun facts about Veterans Day here.
It's also Origami Day.
12. Chicken Soup for the Soul Day – from the day that the first Chicken Soup for the Soul Book was published over 20 years ago, over 110 million copies have been sold around the world. These books are about sharing extraordinary stories with the world. Maybe today is a great day to share a story that nobody else knows about you or your business, or share a heartwarming chicken-soup-esque story.
13. World Kindness Day – This day began at the first World Kindness Movement® conference held at Tokyo in 1998, and celebrates the 35th anniversary of the Small Kindness Movement of Japan. It's a day to look beyond ourselves, race, religion, boundaries and focus on what we have in common and… just be kind to each other, and to have empathy! Use #WKD #WorldKindnessDay.
Send a message of kindness to someone today with a GIF!
14. Spicy Guacamole Day – Spice up your Nachos with Spicy Guac! Or post your favourite Guac recipe or ask your audience to share theirs! Share a Spicy Guac recipe like this one:
It's also World Diabetes Day #WorldDiabetesDay. Today is all about education about the warning signs of Type 2 Diabetes and actions that you can take to reduce the risk. Find out more here.
15. Steve Irwin Day – A major day of remembrance of Australian's favourite loveable-larrikin and wildlife warrior, Steve Irwin. Celebrated annually on November 15th, Steve Irwin Day is about celebrating the things that Steve was passionate about: Family, Wildlife Conservationa nd Fun. Find out more here.
Today is also Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day and National Philanthropy Day. And if you love to write, it's I Love to Write Day too.
16. International Day of Tolerance – #ToleranceDay – another United Nations Day, the International Day of Tolerance is about strengthening tolerance by fostering mutual understanding among cultures and peoples. Find out more here.
It's also International Games Day (for board game fanatics!).
17. Take a Hike Day – This day is observed annually in the US on November 17 – and with over 60,000 miles of trails in the National Trail System across the US there's no shortage of hikes to be done!
It's also National Unfriend Day – an obscure day to celebrate but maybe it's a good excuse (or a good time) to clear up your social accounts! This is about simplifying your connections online and focusing on the people that matter. If your newsfeed is full of content you're not enjoying, consider a clean-up!
18. Mickey Mouse Day – I've been a card-carrying Disney superfan since I was a kid. So, I had to include Mickey Mouse Day. Why November, 18th? On November 18, 1928, our friend Mickey made his film premiere in the animated short “Steamboat Willie.” Post about Mickey or Disney on this day! Never seen Steamboat Willie? You're in luck! It's publicly available to share on Disney's YouTube channel :
19. Women's Entrepreneurship Day – Every November 19th is a day to celebrate women entrepreneurs. Find out more here.
It's also Play Monopoly Day! Get our your favourite Monopoly Board or ask your audience what their fave board game is!
20. National Absurdity Day – A day to celebrate the weird, unusual and bizarre!
21. World Hello Day – secular holiday observed on November 21 annually. On this day we are encouraged to communicate – and to say hello to 10 people or more. It's all about greeting people and preserving peace. This event apparently began in 1973 as a response to the Yom Kippur War.
It's also World Television Day – we've come a long way from silent movies to Netflix! Find out more about the United Nations World Television Day and use the hashtag #WorldTelevisionDay.
22. Go for a Ride Day – A day to enjoy the journey – whether it by bike, car, scooter, train, bus, or plane. It's the perfect excuse to go on an adventure in your own neighbourhood or further afield!
23. Dr Who Day (Tardis Day) – Why today to celebrate our time-travelling Lord? Because today was the day that the first episode of Dr Who went to air – November 23rd. It was called “An Unearthly Child”. Find out more here.
Post about the Tardis or Dr Who today! Or maybe ask your audience what their favorite Sci-Fi TV show was. Or run a poll!
It's also my favourite kind of coffee day – Espresso Day! No matter what type of coffee you drink, espresso is at the heart of them (don't talk to me about de-cafe). Find out more about this dark, powerful, pick-me-up here. And just for fun, I'm sharing this Espresso GIF again:
It's also Fibonacci Day. Why? The date is written in the mm/dd format (11/23 – US date format). As such, the digits in the date form a Fibonacci sequence: 1,1,2,3. This famous sequence is a series of numbers where a number is the sum of the two numbers before it. It's also the basis of many amazing patterns in our world. Maybe share a video like this to explain it:
If you want to get even more trippy about the Fibonacci Sequence and the Golden Ratio, check out this TED Talk:
24. Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day – We all have unique talents. Today is a day to share them. Can you juggle? Speak a language? Dance the tango? Share something fun with your audience.
25. International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women – With violence against women still being a huge issue around the world, this is an important day from the UN. Find out more here and how you can participate or share.
26. National Cake Day – Did somebody say Cake? I did, and yes, it's Cake Day, today! Enough said. Another slice? #NationalCakeDay #CakeDay.
It's also Thanksgiving (US) – Break out the feast … and the football. Today is all about giving thanks, spending time with family friends and yes, usually eating more than you would in a week over a massive feast. Today is Thanksgiving and you can find out more about it here. Here's a complete guide to celebrating US Thanksgiving if you are not a local.
27. Black Friday – The shopping frenzy for deals that is Black Friday happens the day after US Thanksgiving, so you progress from stuffing yourself with turkey to stuffing your credit card with purchases. Basically it marks the start of the crazy Christmas shopping period. It's a good time to offer a special offer or deal too. Fun Fact: It was originally called Black Friday because of the volume of shoppers, traffic accidents and even violence.
28. In case you need something else to eat after Thanksgiving (hehe), today is French Toast Day.
And it's Small Business Saturday – A day to celebrate the awesome and hardworking small businesses around the world. Use #ShopSmall and #SmallBusinessSaturday.
29. Today is Square Dancing Day if you would rather be line dancing than shopping.
30. Today is Cyber Monday. Just in case you need to sell or spend more money … this time online (if you didn't do so already on Black Friday!).
Need a fun GIF to use in your social media posts or email newsletter? Try this one from my Giphy Account (search under #SociallySorted on Facebook or Twitter)
it's also National Mousse Day. No more words needed, because chocolate (that's the best kind of mousse, right?).
November Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Weeks and Months
Use this list of November month-long holidays to help you create content:
- National Fig Week (starting November 1st for 7 days)
- World Communication Week (starting November 1st)
- International Games Week – 8-14 November, 2020.
- National Gratitude Month
- Epilepsy Awareness Month
- World Vegan Month
- Novel Writing Month
- Gluten-Free Diet Awareness Month
- National Native American Heritage Month
- Peanut Butter Lovers Lunch
Video Resources for Creating Easy Video:
1. Grab my Video Ideas Generator (99 Video Ideas!)
I've compiled a list of 99 video ideas (+ planner) so you'll never run out of video ideas. Grab it here to continue your video content creation:
Try using these tools to help you:
2. Video caption tools and services:
3. Other Video Creation Tools
Try some of these tools for creating easy video:
Canva – create quick animations using Canva's MP3 animation tool.
Wave.video – This is one of my favourite video tools for creating short,social video.
Over – Over is a made-for-moble visual design tool that has great templates and features to create quick videos.
Easil – Easil is a great tool for creating animated GIFs. The cool thing is that you can animate any element of the image – not just text but images, icons and illustrations as well.
Giphy – with Giphy you'll never run short of inspiration. Create your own GIFs using video snippets or images or share GIFs direct from Giphy.
Want more Social Media Content Calendar ideas?
Check out our complete 12-month calendar for 2020 in this post:
Over to You
What strategies and tools do you use for creating social media posts? Get started with our calendar!
Latest posts by Donna Moritz (see all)
- 60+ March Social Media Ideas – Images, Videos, GIFs and more! - February 25, 2021
- Tailwind Communities: How to Boost Your Pinterest Marketing - February 10, 2021
- 60+ February Social Media Ideas – Images, Video, GIFs and more! - January 30, 2021