Need some creative June social media ideas? Look no further. This post is jam-packed with Social Media Holidays for the month of June. We’ve got social media ideas, video ideas, GIFs and more for you!
BY DONNA MORITZ | PUBLISHED 15 MAY, 2019
Posts on this blog may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase through a link.
We’ve rounded up a whole swag of popular, national and international holidays. We’ve also included crazy and unusual days of celebration for June. There’s quite literally 60+ different ideas in this post.
Not only do we have content calendar ideas for every day of the month, but we have weekly and monthly holidays too. And there are tools and ideas for you to return to at any time later for reference.
What Comes With our June Social Media Ideas?
Here’s what to expect in this post full of June Social Media Ideas:
- a handy quick reference guide and infographic to quickly grab social media holidays for each month.
- an overview of our June social media ideas. We’ve covered what you can create and how to share the content. This post focuses on ideas for social video but many of the ideas can be used for static images too!
- a list of cool tools and resources that will help you to create visuals for Social Media Holidays. Our Social Media Content Calendar will help you!
Tips for Creating June Content Ahead of Time (Super Quick!)
Creating content is not easy and can take time, but if you schedule some of your content ahead, by doing a few simple things, it makes it soooo much easier for you.
In fact, just a few key strategies can give you a whole month’s worth of content, created, scheduled, and ready to post, in no time at all. Here’s my tips for doing just that, especially related to creating social video:
- Use a template (it’s easier): Many of the tools I’ve mentioned below have templates as part of their features. Use the templates – they will guide you. You could spend ages creating a design, but if you’re not a designer, it could take you hours. Instead, use a design that an actual designer has already signed off on, and simply edit the template. You can edit just the text or photo or colors. Keep it simple -don’t go too crazy as then you run the risk of ruining the entire design (sorry to say this, but it’s true and that goes for me too!).
- Create in batches. If you’re going to the effort of getting into a creative space to create one video or GIF or image, why not create two videos instead? or three videos? or ten or twenty images? It’s so much easier to create a few videos in just one sitting than to do them all separately. You already have the tools open and ready to rock. Keep going and do just one more.. or a few!
- Create social video for social media – you don’t have to start out creating super long videos. 15-30 seconds is long enough for most social media platforms – up to a minute. You can progress to YouTube later.
- Create content that can be easily consumed. Try some quotes, how-to videos, handy tips or just some fun, observational humour. All of these are great for engagement with your audience. This is especially relevant on Facebook where people tend to scroll through content at a reasonable pace!
- Use GIFs to add personality to your posts. It’s fun to create your own GIFs (I’ve added tips for doing this below) or you can also use one the millions of GIFs in Giphy’s library – you can easily add GIFs to any social media post, blog post, email or message. It adds humour and personality to your story. Be sure to share directly from Giphy to give credit and views to the creator.
Quick Guide Infographic to June Social Media Ideas & Holidays
Here’s a quick reference guide to June Social Media Holidays, so you can share it or save it to Pinterest for later reference:
Want the full 2019 Social Media Holiday Infographic? Click here.
Tips for using this post filled with June Social Media Ideas
- Create social videos around the holiday in question – do a Top 5 list, a how-to video, behind the scenes content (related to one of the holidays), tutorials, or quote videos. Get creative with it! Is it Donut Day? Do a video about Fun Donut Facts! Use one of the video tools below.
- Create GIFs that reflect the holiday in question. Or share a GIF direct from the library in Giphy
- Create images based around the holiday in question – it could be a quote, or a meme, a saying, tip, or photo that reflects the celebration day or image with text overlay.
This post will focus mainly on social video, GIFs and animations, but remember that you can use all of this information to create images too. You’re only limited by your imagination!
I’ve included some tools and tips below to help you to create June content. Let’s dive in!
June Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Days
I’ve included at least one “day” or holiday for every day in this June list of social media ideas and holidays. We’ve also included hashtags, tips also included hashtags, tools, tips and resources for creating visual content in 2019. X
1. International Children’s Day – Many countries celebrate Children’s Day on June 1. The World Conference for the Well-being of Children in (Geneva, Switzerland) proclaimed June 1 as International Children’s Day in 1925, although bear in mind that it is also celebrated on November 20 in some countries. #ChildrensDay
2. Rocky Road Day – need we say more. There’s nothing better than the eclectic mix of Rocky Road ingredients. Sweet… but moorish! #RockyRoad #RockyRoadDay. Today is also National Cancer Survivor’s Day #NCSD2019.
3. Leave the Office Early Day – it might be a good time to show this post to your boss and leave the office early! #LeaveTheOfficeEarlyDay. Or perhaps share a GIF from the TV Series, The Office to add some humour to your post.
4. National Cheese Day – Break out the cheese puns! If you’re a cheese lover, today is what you’ve been training for and it’s likely a good number of people in your audience will love cheese too. So, post all the cheese things! Use #NationalCheeseDay or popular hashtags for your favourite cheese!
5. Apple II Day – today is a day to celebrate the day that the Apple II computer went on sale. June 5, 1977. It was a huge 4KB of RAM (or you could upgrade to a massive 48KB). Ponder that for a moment! And, there began the legend that defined computer use for generations of fans!
Today is also Hot Air Balloon Day if you want to create some content around these graceful balloons in the sky! Definitely instagrammable! Use #HotAirBalloonDay
6. Higher Education Day #HigherEducationDay – you can post about your audience and ask them if they completed any higher education, or perhaps start a discussion about the rising costs of education, especially in the US.
7. National Donut Day –#NationalDonutDay – all things donuts. Today is a social media dream for content because … who doesn’t love Donuts?
8. World Ocean’s Day – #WorldOceansDay – find out how you can post about World Ocean’s Day on the official website. It’s all about ocean celebration and protection and collaboration for a better future. And it’s a great day to post your awesome beach/ocean/wave/surfing pics!
Don’t have any great ocean shots of your own? Try one of the major conservation organisations on Giphy. They have loads of GIFs that help to remind us about protecting our oceans. Like some narwhals from the National Geographic Channel:
The WWF UK also has some fun GIFs to remind us about who we are helping when we protect our oceans:
9. Donald Duck Day – #DonaldDuckDay – Disney fans unite. It’s time to celebrate one of the world’s well-loved classic Disney characters. Time for a Disney quote? If you’re more of a wine person than a Disney person, it’s also Rosé Day. Cheers!
10. National Herb and Spice Day – Add a little herb and spice to your social media posts. Food bloggers and hospitality businesses, this day is made for you! #HerbandSpice. Then wash something yummy down with Iced Tea as it’s National Iced Tea day.
11. Corn on the Cob Day – June has a good share of food “days” and today is all about delicious, buttery, Corn on the Cob. #CornOnTheCobDay. Maybe share this cool hack from Cooker and a Looker:
12. Superman Day – The Man of Steel has a day all for himself. DC Entertainment declared June 12 as Superman Day in 2013 to honor the creation of the world’s most famous superhero, two days before the release of the movie “Man of Steel.” The day was initially called “Man of Steel Day” but later became “Superman Day.”
13. Weed Your Garden Day – It could be that your audience is full of people that love gardening. Or maybe it’s time for a funny gardening post. Either way, today is #WeedYourGardenDay. Let’s be honest here, there aren’t many days of celebration on the 13th June so this is the best pick of the bunch!
14. World Blood Donor Day – Today is World Blood Donor Day #WorldBloodDonorDay. Perhaps a reminder post about donating blood would be a good thing to post today, so you can help to spread the word about something important in any country. It’s also National Bourbon Day … probably best not consumed before donating blood, just sayin’. But it’s also International Bath Day, and that might be a good thing to indulge in after giving blood.
15. Global Wind Day – Today is a worldwide event held annually on 15 June. It’s all about discovering wind energy, the power of wind and the possibilities it holds for our energy systems, ability to decarbonise our economies and boost growth and employment. Find out more on the official website.
Today is also Nature Photography Day and World Juggling Day #WorldJugglingDay.
16. Father’s Day – Father’s Day falls on different days around the world. Today is Father’s Day in the US! It’s also World Sea Turtle Day. Find out more on the official WWF website.
17. Apple Strudel Day – #AppleStrudelDay. Who doesn’t love a good Apple Strudel? Maybe share how to cook the perfect Apple Strudel on social media.
18. International Picnic Day – Use the hashtag #internationalpicnicday to share your best picnic posts! It’s also International Sushi Day... so take your sushi on the picnic! #SushiDay. Share a recipe or maybe a creative GIF on your channels – like this one which by Brikk Studios on Giphy:
19. Garfield the Cat Day – Share some snarky Garfield humour from the lazy, lasagne-loving cat and use #garfieldthecat. Maybe your audience remembers Garfield from their childhood! You’re in luck on Garfield Day, because Garfield the Cat has his own official Giphy Channel with GIFs to share (make sure you share directly from Giphy).
Today is also Martini Day. Shaken or Stirred? Use the hashtag #NationalMartiniDay.
20. World Refugee Day – Use the hashtag #WorldRefugeeDay to bring awareness to the plight of refugees the world over, and some messages of hope! It’s also World Productivity Day for those businesses who might like to post some productivity tips. #WorldProductivityDay. Today is also World Tapas Day, celebrated on the third Thursday in June, annually.
21. National Selfie Day – #NationalSelfieDay is a great day to post a selfie on your social channels. It’s also World Music Day #WorldMusicDay.
22. Great American Cookout – Today is the #GreatAmericanCookout in America (always held on the 4th Saturday in June).
23. National Pink Day – #NationalPinkDay is all about pink. Which is timely really, as it’s also National Flamingo Day #FlamingoDay #PinkFlamingoDay.
24. Swim a Lap Day – #SwimALapDay – today is Swim-a-Lap Day. It’s also International Fairy Day #FairyDay.
25. Global Beatles Day – #GlobalBeatlesDay is all about the Fab Four and their timeless music!
26. Forgiveness Day – Quotes, Tips, Stories… anything about Forgiveness is a great thing to post today. #ForgivenessDay.
27. National Sunglasses Day – #SunglassesDay – the future’s so bright we’ve gotta wear shades and today’s a good day to post about all things Sunglasses. And it’s Pineapple Day. Sunglasses on Pineapples would be apt.
28. National Food Truck Day – The world has become obsessed with Food Trucks and all the amazing street food they offer. Use #FoodTruckDay. It’s also Paul Bunyan Day, the giant lumberjack from American Folklore.
29. National Camera Day – From Polaroids to Selfies to Drone Photography to quality DSLR shots… today is all about all things “camera”.
30. Social Media Day – #SMDay started in 2010, launched by Mashable and has been held June 30 every year since, with events held around the world.
June Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Months
Use this list of June month-long holidays to find week-long social media ideas:
- Children’s Awareness Month
- Great Outdoors Month
- International Men’s Month
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month
- National Dairy Month
- Iced Tea Month
- National Zoo and Aquarium Month
- Safety Month
- Audiobook Month
- National Frozen Yoghurt Month
- Audiobook Month
- Great Outdoors Month (US-based for the summer!)
- Soul Food Month (a celebration of southern cooking in the US).
- Pride Month (US)
- National Dairy Month
- Aquarium Month
- International Men’s Month
- National Iced Tea Month
June Social Media Ideas and Holidays – Calendar Weeks
Use this quick list of June weeks to find week-long social media ideas:
- National Camping Week (last full week in June)
- National Tennis Week (starting fourth Sunday in June)
- National Email week (3rd week in June)
- National Forgiveness Week (begins 1st Sunday in June)
- National Roller Coaster Week (starting the 3rd Sunday in June)
Mobile Apps for Creating Video Content
Try this list of apps to help you create videos!
- Over – Over is a cool mobile design app that includes a lot of cool video templates. This is a great app – and in my opinion, the best mobile app – if you like creating visuals and video on your phone!
- InShot – a fabulous app for creating videos. It now has a Pro version that gives you loads of extra filters, effects and stickers. InShot has a lot of free features however, to get you started. Available on iOS and also on Android.
- Slider – this is the new video animation tool from the team at WordSwag. It’s a fun tool for creating animated text and quote videos (available on iOS only).
Desktop Tools for Creating Videos and GIFs
Check out these video tools to help you create videos and GIFs using the dates above – on desktop:
- Wave.video – This is my go-to desktop video tool for creating easy-to-share social video with a huge libraries of templates, videos, photos and audio libraries. See more about Wave here.
- Crop.video – sometimes you need to change the orientation of a video and you need to do it quickly. This is where this tool comes in. It lets you reframe landscape videos to square and vertical in a snap… so that the resulting video is optimized for sharing on Instagram Stories or Facebook. It’s a handy desktop tool to have in your arsenal! Note: if you use Wave.video to create your videos in the first place, you probably won’t need this tool, as you can resize them all in
- Biteable – Biteable is another video tool that has fun animated video templates.
Want more Calendar Ideas?
You can see my full list of Social Media Holidays in this post:
Over to You
Do you schedule your content ahead? What are your Favourite June Social Media holidays?
Latest posts by Donna Moritz (see all)
- How To Set Up Your Pinterest Business Account for Results - May 22, 2019
- 60+ June Social Media Ideas – Videos, GIFs and More - May 15, 2019
- Ultimate List of 99 Video Ideas to Inspire You - May 5, 2019