This week we feature a infographic from Blogger, Mauro D’Andrea at Blog-Growth: How to Increase Blog Traffic in 3 Easy Ways.
This infographic showcases 3 easy ways to get more traffic, and includes some great references, stats and takeaways that anyone can start to implement in their own blog, in particular visual social media strategies, and tips for the best frequency and length of posts.
Mauro D’Andrea writes about how to build a successful blog at Blog-Growth, but he is also well known for his Slideshare presentations. My team has been fortunate to work with Mauro on another successful infographic project and highly recommend his content and free blog training.
Let’s jump in and take a look at his infographic. When you get to the other end, I will share what I love about this infographic plus a few additional strategies:
What’s to love about this infographic?
There are 5 things that work with this infographic:
- the content is helpful and simple. No fluff. Just plain, simple results and advice for putting those results into action.
- the key messages are listed as “takeaways” and all 3 takeaways are easily actionable, ie:
- Publish posts frequently
- Write long, detailed posts
- Make multi-media content
- The styling and colours are consistent and kept simple, which makes the infographic easier to read and scan
- Mauro has used reputable references and they have been illustrated clearly and backed up with graphics.
- The simplicity of this infographic is what makes it work – you can quickly scan the research, check the takeaways and instantly decide on where you can take action on your own blog – in just a few strategic glances!
And what I love about this infographic is that it showcases one of my favourite things to talk about – how you get more results with images and visuals. The stats are quite impressive, namely:
- On average, articles containing relevant images have 94% more views than articles with no images.
- Videos get 267% more links than normal posts.
- List posts with images get 333% more links than normal posts.
- List posts with images and videos get 567% more links than normal posts.
A note on writing long, detailed posts: People often love or hate them and although the research has shown that longer posts are successful, the key is to make them easily digestible. Chunk them into sections, or provide really helpful, how-to information such as in a list or mini-guide. The longest post I ever wrote is still one of the most successful posts on a major blog, but it was a mini-guide, chunked into 10 sections and it came with an infographic summary. It was a big risk when we wrote it but readers loved it. Experiment with it!
Well….I guess we had better start writing more length list posts with images and videos…more often!
Your Turn. Do you Agree? Disagree? Feel Inspired to try Mauro’s Advice? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Latest posts by Donna Moritz (see all)
- Twitter Gets Visual – 3 Image Mistakes You Are Making on Twitter - November 24, 2013
- Anthill Top 100 Cool Company List (2013) – Why it Rocks to Be On It - November 17, 2013