...a little background on me
I fell into social media from an 18 year background in business and communication. It’s a speech-therapist-turns-founder-of-international-working-holiday-recruitment-agency-and-discovers-out-how-to-use-clever-marketing-strategies-kind of tale. I won’t bore you with the details but aside from all the stuff I do at Socially Sorted (see above), here are a couple of fun facts that will help you see where I am coming from:
little known fact 1:
In 2001, I started a working holiday (recruitment) agency with a fellow health professional - to help therapists live and work in the UK. When you go up against big agencies with multi-million dollar advertising budgets you pretty soon learn how to:
- get social (before the advent of Facebook!)
- leverage the power of digital content (yes our website was an early version of a blog, we just didn't know it yet!)
- use visual storytelling (even if we had to travel to Universities to do it!)
- inspire word of mouth marketing by giving massive value.
What did I learn from this? I learned to think differently.
I also learned that I LOVE marketing in travel and tourism!
little known fact 2:
My husband and I continue to own a wellness practice in Australia (he’s the chiropractor in the family) with an award-winning business, and 95% referral rate. A couple of years ago, word of mouth referrals proved so powerful that we made the big decision to ditch advertising and focus our entire marketing budget on loving our clients to bits. You see where I am going with this? I learned to think differently.
I know a thing or two about word-of-mouth marketing, user generated content and providing massive value to a community of people that care about what you care about. It's also why I am often asked to speak and train within the travel industry.
And because I do fun things like getting my audience to wear 3D glasses in presentations. Anything might happen when I have the space to be creative!
Stick with me, read my blog and subscribe to my newsletter, and you will see will start to think differently (and think in 3D) too… and get better results!
me, when the WiFi is switched off
I am a travel, cacao and mojito loving creative mother of two (awesome kids) with a wicked imagination. I live on the gorgeous Sunshine Coast in Australia so believe me I am not a fan of spending hours on social media going around in circles. I would rather have my feet in the sand, as I am sure you would too.
Oh and I am a big fan of organic food, healthy living and I love to switch off (I can hear you saying it now “You picked the wrong career sista")…but believe me I am always searching for new ways to use tools and social media more productively so I CAN switch off.
I love to laugh, to paint, to create (I am a Disney-tragic and proud of it) ... and I LOVE playing with visual content creation tools and teaching my audience how easy they are to use!
Click here to read more about my speaking! If you follow my blog you will see that I keep it real and I am not afraid to make fun of myself. I'm cheeky. And I'm conversational. I want my readers and subscribers to feel like they are talking with a friend.
I hate the word guru, love to learn, I am fiercely loyal and I love to help people. That’s where I come in handy for you!
what fires me up?
A few things fire me up when it comes to social media marketing. I get excited about:
- the power of word of mouth and the magic that happens when your community shares your message.
- Giving massive value to help people. Period.
- Thinking differently. I don’t really like to think outside the box. I prefer to smash it completely.
- Visual content. Visual Social Media. Visual Storytelling. Anything image-centric.
- Exceptional customer service and…well… just plain caring about people.
but, back to you...
You see, I am guessing you landed here because like many of your fellow businesses, bloggers and entrepreneurs you are:
- overwhelmed by social media and drowning while trying to be everywhere
- frustrated by hearing nothing but crickets when you post out social content and not sure how to get more reach and results
- Looking for a better way to manage your time to get results without spending all day on social platforms.
- Interested in learning how to create shareable, traffic-driving visual content
- Or maybe you are just curious about the goss on this Aussie Chick!
I have been there too – I have had big businesses and small, (online and off) and in over 20 years I have learned a thing or two about what works. I too have experienced social media marketing overwhelm…until I got smart about it. I got productive, and learned how to use kick-butt social media and content strategy, and discovered the power of visual content.
So, me and you have a lot in common and I am here to help you. In fact every word I write, on my blog, in my newsletters, on social media is about helping you.
put simply, I want you to share your message with the world...
(and I love that I can help you get more traffic, exposure and results for your business while doing it!)