Have you discovered Instagram yet? I can guarantee that you have….even if you do not realise it. You may be sitting here thinking “Insta-who?”, but I just know that you would have looked at a photo somewhere, sometime, that has been “Instagrammed”, and thought “What a cool shot”. Instagram Photos are everywhere. They hang out on your phone or in an email, on Facebook, or Twitter. They are fun. And they make the ordinary look awesome.
So, here are my 7 Reasons Why I love Instagram (and why I reckon you should check it out). Instagram is free to download…but the fun you get out of it is priceless! PS Warning: Once you go Instagram, you will never go back!
7 Reasons Why I Love Instagram
1. Instagram is Visual – There is nothing better than a picture to tell a story. Period. Instagram introduces itself as: “a fast, beautiful and fun way to share your life with friends through a series of pictures. Snap a photo with your iPhone, choose a filter to transform the look and feel, send to Facebook, Twitter or Flickr – it’s all as easy as pie. It’s photo sharing, reinvented”.
2. Instagram is Micro – Microblogging is becoming huge in popularity. Programs like Instagram or Pinterest are becoming as important to some Bloggers as Facebook and Twitter, allowing quick, visual sharing of information in words (albeit only briefly) and pictures. The beauty of Instagram is that it is almost like a mini blog post in itself (with an awesome visual component), leading to engagement, which leads me to Reason 3….
3. Instagram is Social – Not only can you showcase your awesome photos, but Instagram is its own social media platform in that you can like or “heart” a photo as well as comment. You can follow others and they can follow you, by adding Friends.
4. Instagram is Fun – Taking a photo, adding a filter, making it look fabulous and then sharing it is fun, there is no doubt about it. And this month a whole other element has been added to the fun….I was encouraged to participate in the Photo-A-Day Challenge (thanks Fat Mum Slim!) throughout January by two friends, and so far it has been awesome. Daily we take photos using the listed topic (For example: You, Breakfast, Something You Adore, Your Sky, Childhood, Water, In Your Bag etc) and then share them on Instagram and other Social Media sites. What fun! Already it has boosted my traffic and engagement with other bloggers and instagram users….and given me quite a few laughs and smiles!
5. Instagram is Forgiving. Let’s face it. Any photo platform that provides filters that do what Instagram does, is Forgiving. Adding the right filter can be VERY flattering….who needs to lie about their age when the filter does the trickery for you, in the nicest possible way!
6. Instagram is Friendly. By friendly, I mean that Instagram gets along just fine with Twitter and Facebook, thank you very much! Instagram just posted about their friendship with Facebook. Did you know that now, when you now share photos with Facebook, the photos will automatically be added to an “Instagram Photos” Facebook album visible to your Facebook friends! It will also feature the photo in a larger size in your Timeline. Check it out!
7. Instagram is Free. ’nuff said.
So, there you have it. 7 Reasons Why I Love Instagram. Why do you love Instagram? C’mon, I know you do!
Latest posts by Donna Moritz (see all)
- How to Create Animated GIFs that Stand Out - February 19, 2017
- 3 Effective Ways to Reduce Social Media Overwhelm - February 14, 2017
- 21 Top Google Chrome Extensions for Social Media Marketers - February 2, 2017